A pleasant tour along the perimeter of Lake Omodeo, which, at its creation, constituted the largest artificial lake in Europe.
On this page you can sign up for the motorbike tour. Fill out the form on the right and register with a click!
Participation is reserved for members of the Pastori in Moto association.
DAILY BASE REGISTRATION FEE – €
A – LUNCH: – €
We can stop for a quick lunch break at one of our affiliated facilities
B – HALF BOARD: – €
In high-quality facilities
IMPORTANT: at the time of booking, please specify your package in the registration notes form. E.g.: Registration Fee + A + B
HAVING TROUBLE BOOKING?
Text us on WhatsApp at the following number: 345 0699 255 (Nicola)
|PLACE OF DEPARTURE/RETURN||Sardara|
The great dams, world record of Sardinia
Departure: Sardara Return: Sardara
Description: From the start, we cross the Marmilla sibregion up to skirt the Monte Grighine and reach, finally, a suggestive source of thermal waters at Fordongianus. We then follow a long and fascinating path along the Omodeo lake visiting the Eleonora d’Arborea dam, inaugurated in 1997 and at the time the largest in Europe. Then, we reach the disused dam of Santa Chiara, for some time the highest in the world.
From there, admiring small country churches, we visit many small towns of Guilcer subregion, then Ghilarza, where Antonio Gramsci spent his childhood and adolescence. After a refreshing lunch, we return to the base after an endless succession of curves.
Length: 270 km
- Visit the renowned spa of Fordongianus
- Visit to the Eleonora d’Arborea dam, inaugurated in 1997 and which was, at the time, the largest dam in Europe
- Visit to the disused dam of Santa Chiara, 70 meters high and which was for some time the highest dam in the world
- Visit to the village of Zuri, which stood in the valley, on the bank of the Tirso, and which after the construction of the dam was evacuated and rebuilt upstream
- Tasting of typical Barigadu and Guilcer dishes